Melissa Mauriello is a pharmacist and travel clinic specialist who is passionated about helping the community. Melissa has always known where her career path should go and after studying pharmacy in Australia she came back to Canada to work for a newly opened pharmacy in Canmore. Melissa talks about taking a proactive approach to health through education and of course her love for the Canmore community.
Be Sure to Listen if You are Interested in:
- Helping people
- Travel Clinic
- Needle Exchange Program
- 0:17 – Introduction of Melissa Murillo and her background. Melissa is a pharmacist in Canmore, passionate about community and being a resource to educate and help.
- 1:47 – Melissa continues on her story mentioning she always wanted to be a pharmacist. After finishing a degree in Australia she came back to Canada together with Mario, her husband, to work for a newly opened pharmacy in Canmore.
- 4:50 – Melissa details on what living in Canmore looks like for them; having roommates keeps them sociable and happy.
- 7:57 – Jason asks Melissa about the job opportunity that came up at Mint Health+Drugs Canmore.
- 9:56 – Jason brings up Melissa’s ongoing desire to be a pharmacist. Melissa dives into her passion to help others by getting to know them better and helping with any ongoing health issues.
- 11:38 – Break to talk about our sponsor, the E=MC2 CoWork space in Canmore. Check us out with a free space for your first day, attend a Wednesday LunchBox lecture, or visit us for wind down Fridays.
- 14:05 – Jason asks Melissa about the work in pharmacy, its mission and values, and current healthcare projects. Melissa touches on a different approach she is taking and even tackling controversial topics people might want to talk through and get some help with. Melissa elaborates on the Needle Exchange Program which she currently develops.
- 18:57 – Melissa walks us through her future career plans and opportunities to improve health in the community; international travelling is key when it comes to advising on healthcare.
- 21:18 – Jason and Melissa discuss on the outdoors also summer and winter hobbies.
- 26:00 – Connect with the Pharmacy on Facebook and Twitter @mintcanmore